STV Commercial Gifted Membership Terms and Conditions
STV Growth Fund Gifted Memberships
Terms and conditions
The Competition: STV is offering four advertising packages to the total value of up to £100,000 as part of its growth fund initiative which will be shared equally between four lucky “business-to-business” advertisers. Four lucky business organisations will each win an advertising package to the value of £25,000 for commercial production services and advertising spots on STV media platforms.
STV’s commercial managers will advise the winners and recommend the best use of the £25,000 value in line with each business and the commercial production and airtime and digital advertising arrangements will be subject to STV’s standard terms and conditions [link to STV commercial T&Cs].
- The Prize: There are four separate prizes to be won. Each prize includes an advertising campaign comprising of advertising copy produced by STV’s in-house commercial production team (STV Creative) together with the allocation of STV Growth Fund gifted airtime and digital space on STV media platforms each to the value of £25,000. The total prize fund value is £100,000.
- Competition period: The competition will open on 6th of April and all applications must be received by midnight on 14th May 2021 (“end date”).
- How to enter:
Entry is free and there are two stages
Stage 1. Application
Download the application form from our STV Commercial website at: https://www.stvcommercial.tv/gifted-memberships/ and send it by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stage 2. Shortlist
Deliver an advertising campaign ‘pitch’ by videoconference to our panel of expert judges. The pitch should be about your business and how you champion diversity in your organisation. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to join STV on videoconference. The judging panel will select four (4) winning entries from the shortlist group.
- Eligibility, Limitations and Restrictions:
- Entrants must be a business organisation registered on Companies House with the registered office address in Scotland
- Entrants must not have advertised on STV media platforms (TV and Social Media) before and must not be prohibited from advertising on television (please see Advertising Standard Rules (BCAP S10 https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings/advertising-codes/broadcast-code.html)
- Entry is limited to one application per business organsation.
- Entrants must demonstrably champion Diversity in Scotland. The organisation must produce evidence which demonstrates the business actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion within their organisation as well as with their business partners (e.g. through publications, internal procedures, initiatives etc).
- Applicants must have obtained permission to enter from their employer before entering.
- Only applications received at the competition email address (email@example.com) within the competition period will be accepted.
- The prize is not transferrable and no cash prize alternative is available
- Employees of any of the STV Group of companies and other organisations involved or otherwise connected with the competition and their immediate family or household members are not eligible to participate.
- Winner selection, notification and claiming your prize:
- A shortlist of 6 applicants will be selected from all qualifying entries based on the criteria provided and evidence of how the business is meeting the criteria. The Shortlist selection will be overseen by a person independent of the competition.
- In the event that there are less than 6 qualifying applicants, the entrants will be assessed on whether they will be gifted the membership or not for the winner selection.
- In the event that there are less than 4 applications then the competition will be extended.
- A panel of expert judges will pick 4 winners based on their pitch and business ideas. Details of the judges are available on request.
- The winners will be vetted before the prize is awarded and evidence collected which ensures the entry criteria has been met.
- In the event that entry criteria has not been met then the judges will reject the application and may select and award the prize to another winner at its sole discretion.
- Each winner will be contacted by email within 30 days after the competition end date (“winner notification”).
Claiming the Prize:
- Each winner must accept the prize within 7 days of receiving the winner notification email.
- If the winner fails to respond and/or to accept the prize within 7 days of the winner notification then STV may reject the application and select and award the prize to another winner at its sole discretion.
- In the event that a winner does not respond and/or accept the prize then STV at its own discretion may cancel that winner prize fund value (£25,000) or otherwise cancel the competition in its entirety.
- Prize Delivery: STV will make available commercial production resources within 3 months of the winner accepting the prize with airtime and digital space made available in line with advance booking deadlines, 6 weeks prior to the proposed broadcast on TV.
- Data Retention and Deletion: Once an appropriate winner has been chosen and the prize has been issued, applications used as entries to the competition will be destroyed securely and appropriately. Your contact and application details will not be retained and will not be used for any other purpose.
- Publication of Winners: The winner organisation name and town will be available on request (or) The winner organisation name and town will be published on our website for a period of (6) months) .
- Personal Information
These rules should be read in conjunction with STVs standard Competition and Prize Draw and Voting Terms and Conditions, available at: https://www.stvcommercial.tv/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/STV-Competition-Prize-Draw-and-Voting-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf